2007-05-11

The idiocy of the month

...and the winner is...Educate-Yourself: the most ludicrous collection of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo I have seen in a long time. From the "global warming myth"--to "monoatomic gold" (as opposed to what? complex gold molecules?;))--to "chemtrails"--to anti-vaccination propaganda--this site has it all, stated with absolute certainty which is always a sign of an idiotic charlatan. I was especially impressed with the ongoing appeals to the education of its readers. Apparently, all those evil governmental conspiracies can only convince those sadly lacking the knowledge of science (physics, biology, etc). By that measure, I must be a victim of mind-control, since the subjects that I am familiar with--mainly evolutionary biology, planetary science and physics in general (astrophysics in particular)--are so mangled as to appear unrecognizable in all the drivel.

Indeed, we live in a democracy, and the WWW has no rules, which is a good thing. But I wonder about people duped by this freakish and dangerous bullshit: what happens if somebody denies the benefits of polio vaccination to their child because they were convinced by this site that it--far from helping--will increase their child's risk of cancer? Can they sue when the said child is crippled by the disease? I hope so.

I certainly have not seen that much m/disinformation and bullshit all stuck together in one location in a long time. After half an hour, I gave up in disgust, finding not a single word of veracity here. I wonder if I should charge them for my time...;)

No comments: